Cap-It provides interest rate cap protection by issuing Cap-It Certificates designed to meet your specific requirements in terms of the amount to be protected, the duration of that protection and the maximum interest rate.
Cap-It Certificates may only be purchased by members of Cap-It. Registration as a member of Cap-It is free, but is restricted to eligible investors only.
Who is eligible for membership
Investors, whether individuals or companies, are eligible for Cap-It membership if they qualify as elective professional clients (as defined in the FCA Handbook) or if they are advised by an authorised financial adviser.
Individual investors are also eligible to buy Cap-It Certificates if they are able to self-certify as either a High Net Worth or Sophisticated Investor.
All members of whatever type are also required to complete an Appropriateness Questionnaire as part of the application process.
You are eligible for membership as an elective professional client if:
- We have undertaken an assessment of your expertise, experience and knowledge and are reasonably assured that you are capable of making your own investment decisions and understand the risks involved in purchasing Cap-It Certificates; and
- You are an individual you complete the Individual Elective Professional Client form.
- You are a company you complete the Corporate Elective Professional Client form.
You are eligible for membership as an advised investor if you have been advised to purchase a Cap-It Certificate by an FCA authorised financial adviser and that adviser has completed the Adviser Confirmation form.
You are eligible for membership as a Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor if at least one of the following applies:
- You are a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been for at least the last six months prior to the date below; or
- You have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below; or
- You are working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or
- in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises; or
- You are currently or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
Certified High Net Worth
You are eligible for membership as a Certified High Net Worth Investor if you have an income of at least £100K or net assets valued at £250K or greater. If this applies to you, then you then you may apply by completing the Statement for Certified High Net Worth Individual form.